I'm at a bit of a cross roads with building my plane.  I am planning on
building an aircraft to be powered by a Corvair engine.  I originally wanted
to build a VP-2, but it's just not going to be wide enough for me at 6'2"
250lb any my fiancé at 6' tall "if I post weight I could be killed".

I have begun a design of my own, but this will take much longer to build for
a number of reasons outside the topic of this email list.  I still plan to
eventually build my own design but I'm just not sure that it should be my
first build.

The more I read about the KR-2S the more it grows on me.  However, I have
also read that, like the VP-2, it makes a better fat single seater than a
cruiser for 2 adults.  I know that some of you here have widened the KR-2s
and I wanted to know what would be involved in widening it to 44".
Particularly I was concerned with how this modification would affect the
wings.  Should I choose to build a KR I will use the AS5048/15 airfoil.

Thanks,

Sean C. Caranna

http://www.wingsforum.com