Netters;
     This story is a good example of how accidents are many times the results
of multiple failures.  That's why it is so important for a CFI to include at
lease a few simulated emergencies on each lesson.  My favorite is this one:  I
point out the windscreen to the 10 o'clock position and say to the student,
"Hey, isn't that the Blue Angels?"  They look every time, as I reach over and
pull the throttle back.  We both get a good laugh...and they always remember
their engine failure proceed after that.

RV