Netters
Flew again today (sorry guys up north, sunny and 70 degrees here).
Added cooling tube to the voltage regulator today and prevented the alternator
from falling out when hot. Dan Diehl says not to locate the regulator on the
firewall with out having at a minimum a dedicated cooling tube blowing on the
regulator, or the preferred thing is to locate it on the head side of the
cooling baffle.  Also moved the carb inlet from the front cooling baffle just
inside the right hand cowling, to having the air filter mounted directly to
carb heat box.  This is due to the fact that I got carb ice on Monday, and
could not get it to clear completely, causing a rough running condition all the
way back to the airport.  The under engine intake manifold never touches the
engine until it mounts to the head, so no heat is transferred to the carb to
maintain a clear venturi, and proper air fuel mix.  Now I am using the air that
is already pre-warmed off the heads, in order to hopefully correct this
tendency.  If you look at the Lycoming engines, they do that part smart by
mounting the carb directly to the oil pan, which allows engine heat to be
transferred to the carb body, assisting in preventing carb icing, and proper
atomization.

Added some shock cord like Serge did and got very good neutral positioning of
the stick with down pressure from the cord.  Also added a safety strap for
taxiing so that I can leave the canopy open while taxiing, and the strap
prevents full opening, so that prop wash or winds cannot yank the canopy open
suddenly.  Also prevents full opening during flight.

16 hours and counting....

Colin & Beverly Rainey
Apex Lending, Inc.
www.eloan2004cr.com