Netters
Took the camcorder in the plane today to try and make inside flying video of at
least a takeoff and landing.  All strapped up and started filming on takeoff
from Sanford, landing at Massey Ranch for fuel.  Went back to review film
and....
Glare on the windshield washed out the video entirely!  Nothing but blue glare
from reflection of dash cover.  Oh well, filming will have to wait until Bev
can run the camera while I fly.

Climbed to 5500 feet today with no appreciable drop in climb rate.  Since
adding vent tube to regulator charging has remained pretty constant.  Since
moving the carb inlet to below the heads, no more carb icing, and engine runs
consistent from after 5min until shut down, and restarts are much easier.  Just
need to plug the hole in the baffles now.  The air was so smooth at 5500' today
before 2 pm that several times I was able to let go of the stick and the plane
just stayed right there for several miles. NOT so below the cloud layer.  Lots
of horizontal windshear today.  A queasy person would have gotten sick.
Several times I ran out of control input and just had to ride where ever the
plane was going in the turbulence.  My speeds are now matching the GPS much
closer, with adjustments for wind, so the static port will stay inside the
cabin for now until a better location is determined.  My stall speed is now
down to 51 mph power off, and 49 mph power on, indicated speeds. Also I have
been able to adjust pattern speeds down 10 mph and still have good control.
Gassed up today twice and the totals show $38.69 for 15 gallons, giving a cost
of $9.67 per hour, and fuel consumption average of 3.73 gallons per hour.  Top
speed 135 mph, cruise at either 120 mph or 105 mph. Can't beat the prices!!!!
YEEHAAWWWW!

22.2 hours and counting...

Colin & Beverly Rainey
Apex Lending, Inc.