  From: Glasseyegav
  To: KRnet
  Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 9:07 AM
  Subject: Re: KR> teeny weeny project update

  : Re: KR> teeny weeny project update
  > Gav wrote:
  >
  > >Am I  to understand that you plan to go without a carb heat
  > > cable and allow full automatic  operation operated by ram pressure
  alone??

  > Right now it's not, but when I build the next one it will be that way. >

  Sorry Mark!!
                          I don't personally think that's a good idea for a
  number of reasons.
  1. What happens if you want to test the operation of your carb heat on the
  ground and your air filter is partially blocked ?? The lower pressure in
  that area will always suck the valve open putting the carb heat on and
  reducing performance.

  2. If the ram pressure keeps the carb heat turned off, then what's to keep
  the carb heat turned off while on the ground and letting the engine suck up
  all of that unfiltered air through the heat muff when you most need filtered
  air?

  Gav