I already have a hand held Magellan sport trak which has a problem, it keeps
shutting down and loosing all the way points.  Very frustrating.

Because I bought in the US, not Australia, I am not getting the support I
expect, I would have to pay $299 to get it upgraded to the Australian Database
before Magellan would look at it.  I didn't even pay that much for the whole
unit in the US.

I must say that the GPS was a great in the US as I was for ever getting lost as
the rental car had no maps and the moving map worked easily, though the screen
is a little small.  The GPS is now only 2.3 years old.

To get a PDA package will cost me $1500 dollars Australian but is tax
deductable at my marginal tax rate of 49% less GST, therefore about  AU$ 661.00.
The PDA comes with a 3 year world wide warranty, the software is my choice, hot
runners are Oziexplorer, WinPilot and AirNav.
regards
Barry Kruyssen
Cairns, Australia
RAA 19-3873