That's what I figured Dan. My eyes being the way they are now I'd need a
magnifying glass taped to the screen to see a handheld. The reason I =
went
the way I did was the moving map feature of course but being one of the
larger (for it's time) marine units it has the outlet port to connect to =
the
autopilot should one choose to install such an item. The fact that the =
world
base map is in the resident memory is a nice item and one only need =
change
flash cards to use the unit in your car/boat or RV (sorry Dana the other
kind). Color unit would be nice but the way I look at it that $1000.00
difference would be better spent in an engine. I also picked up an =
operating
Narco Nav 10 radio for 12 dollars. Now that was a deal as it is a
combination receiver and indicator all in one unit the size of the =
indicator
head itself saving much needed panel space. Once I get moved back to the
States it's going to make life a lot simpler getting the needed =
equipment as
costs of freight and customs fees are eating us guys up here alive.
Doug Rupert

A 5" screen all in one package for anywhere in that price range is a =
good
deal. If you had to buy a PDA, those systems would cost more than that.=20

Daniel R. Heath - Columbia, SC

=20

--=20
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.