On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:16:01 -0500 "Brian Kraut" <brian.kr...@engalt.com>
writes:
> I have an EAA tech advisor coming by Monday to look over one of my
planes
> before my airworthiness inspection.  I was wondering if it is normal to
tip
> a tech advisor? Buy them dinner?  Just a thank you?
>
> Brian Kraut
> Engineering Alternatives, Inc.
> www.engalt.com

Brian,

As an EAA Tech Counselor, I've never charged a cent for any Tech
Counselor related work, although I think one person did buy me lunch.
It's simply against the rules.

With regards to Mark's comment about a tech counselor charging to fill
out and sign a logbook, that is expressly outside of the Technical
Counselor's job, so I would assume that he was probably offering that
service as an A&P mechanic.  I have only put entries into a builders log
as a duplicate of the form that I fill out and send to the EAA.  The
builder should keep a copy of the form and put it in or with his builders
log anyway.

-Jeff Scott