>Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:57:50 -0500
>From: "Colin & Bev Rainey" <crain...@cfl.rr.com>
>Subject: KR> Parachute

>Common sense might say that it does, but the letter of the FAR says each
occupant must wear a >personal parachute, and a reserve chute, etc....
>No it does not. Ballistic chute is viewed like a fire extinguisher,
additional safety equipment.

Does the FAR actually require parachutes?  I can't check  www.faa.gov at the
moment.

My 1999 FAR/AIM says in 91.307(c)
"Unless each occupant of the aircraft is wearing an approved parachute, no
pilot of a civil aircraft carrying any person (other than a crewmember) may
execute any intentional maneuver that exceeds--"

I would interpret that to mean that if you are flying solo there is no
requirement to wear a parachute when doing aerobatics.

--
wesley scott
k...@spottedowl.biz