FADEC = Full Authority Digital Engine Control.

It's out there.  The Cirrus SR series as well as some other new planes
have it.  It can be retrofited to some planes depending on how quickly it
appears on the Type Certificates or developers are willing to tackle the
years of paperwork and testing to satisfy the FAA for a Suplemental Type
Certificate.

My observation is that it appears to work well in flight and is well
liked by the owners, but may be a bit immature for adverse conditions.
I've watched several Cirrus run themselves out of batteries trying to
start in moderately cool weather.

Of course spending $15 - 20K to upgrade my two $20K airplanes just
doesn't make financial sense.  I'd spend that $$ buying another hanger
and another plane instead.

-Jeff