Few years ago some one wrote a sure fire procedure in starting the VW. It
consists of this. Mixture full rich. All switches ON. Pump the throttle TWO
times leaving it in almost full throttle ...just a small crack . Hit the
starter button or key and VOOOOOOOM every time . I have been very sick lately
and did not run the engine in over two years. I went out to the airport
yesterday and on the first shot VOOOOM I sure have a lot to thank the guy that
shared that little bit of knowledge. pass it on..Bill Starrs