Jeff Scott just mentioned about increasing stability by making the horizontal
stab longer but still having issues with the pitch sensitivity of the plane. I
cannot say for other pilots, but I have flown more than 15 different models of
aircraft and find that there are quite a few aircraft that could be considered
to be pitch sensitive depending upon what part of the flight regime you are
referring to.  ALL planes are sensitive at speeds above 120 mph or approx 105
knots.  I think where the KR seems to get a bad rap is that by comparison to a
basic trainer, i.e.: J3 Cub, or Cessna  152/172, the KR is much more sensitive.
 However, there is a whole list of planes that display the same sensitivity and
increased elevator authority that the KR has. The Extra 300, Pitts S1 & S2,
Glasair I, Thorp T-18, Sidewinder, Mustang II, just to name a few.

Builders can dampen this tendency to over control by using what I have
documented on my website, taken from illustrations on Adrian Carter's website.
Between the 2 sites you can find how to de-tune the elevator to require more or
larger inputs from the stick to get the same motion at the elevator. I have
flown behind this arrangement for over 30 hours and love it.  It also has the
effect of balancing the elevator response to the aileron response for better
control harmony.  I also followed a suggestion from Larry Flesner and
re-drilled the pivot locating hole in the aileron bell crank inboard by 1/2 an
inch to get the full 20 degrees up and 10 degrees down deflection from the
ailerons. By doing this and what Dan Heath suggested about spacing the pushrod
down to make it level so that it is actuating in a straight line, accomplishes
this.  By improving the aileron motion and de-tuning the elevator, I believe
that our KR has excellent control authority and harmonizing. As good as any
plane I have flown.  All these things can be accomplished by a builder at any
stage of construction, and with very little extra effort over the original
assembly, just changes.  Obviously use at your own risk as any suggestion found
on the KR Net, but it is working for several builders.

To throw out one more answer, Mark L already posted a more elaborate answer but
suffice to say that a VW or Corvair will probably stop turning, not windmill.

crain...@cfl.rr.com
http://kr-builder.org/Colin/index.html
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL