Isn't stick height a factor as well?  I have a very tall non-tilting stick,
with a chain drive pivoting handle.  It would seem to be less pichy feeling.  A
lot more stick movement is required for the same control surface deflection in
my case.  Better?  I do not know.  Different? Yes. Also it allows for more leg
room, since the stick does not tilt, only the stick handle does.