Here I am - finally home for a few hours.   Ill send out this  note for all
the KRrs.   Sun N Fun was great.  I went down to  William Wynnes a couple days
before so that I could test fly the Stitts Skycoupe  with Corvair TURBO
conversion.  Everything checked out okay so Gary (the  owner) flew the Skycoupe
Lakeland on the 11th and I flew chase in the  KR...well, more like ring around
the rosie (ha ha)  The Stits does 90 and  the KR 165..so I flew lots of
circles, but it was fun.  We tied up the  planes and then hitched a ride back
in a
172.   We drove the campers  out and showed up Tue morning and preped and got
ready for a busy day.   Look at FLYCORVAIR.com for pics.  We took a 601
firewall forward package,  the 601 and lots of parts.  I spent most of my time
those
days on the  flight line showing the KR - the TURBO Skycouple and answering a
multitude of  questions.  On Friday I left before the airshow and flew home to
Valdosta  GA to pick up Elaine (8 year old daughter) and flew back by 630 pm
after the  show had finished.  She really enjoyed the weekend there.  There
were  activities for kids.  She learned about meterology, made clouds, made
tornadoes, learned how to make wooden ribs (she collected 11 from other  kids
start her own triplane).  It was a good learning experience for  her.   One
Saturday I recieved a notice to appear at the award  ceremony and N41768
received Best All Wood Aircraft!   It was icing on  the cake.  On Sunday I was
approached by the Air Force ground crew asking  that I fly some oil samples to
the
coast for analysis and I said sure - they  were paying the fuel - so Elaine and
I ran them to Titusville and got back at  dark.  Monday, the final day of the
show, Elaine and I got up and saw  Glacier Girl - P38 - takeoff and head
home.  The topper was watching a  formation of four aircraft - a P51 in lead, a
Saber jet, a F-4 Phantom, and a  F16 perform low passes over the crowd.  WOW!
It was a great  weekend.
    I flew the Kr home on Monday and got Elaine dropped  off for school and
then headed back to Williams in Edgewater FL.  Today I  got a ride back to
Lakeland in the 172 and was able to ferry the Skycoupe  back.  I much prefer
the
180mph Kr to the 100 mph Skycoupe.  Back at  Williams I worked on my KR a bit
and a few other projects.  Updates on  N41768 will be coming later.   I left
Williams at 5:55 this afternoon  and landed at 7:02 pm  in Valdosta.   The math
on  that......YYYYYEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAWWWWW!

It has been one fine week..

N41768 152 hours and loving it!
Bill