I do not disagree with the fact that high volume is not the same as high
pressure, and I see from the way I said it how one could infer that. My remarks
are geared at using either when not necessary.  William states several times in
his conversion manual that the stock oiling system is more than adequate in the
Corvair motor, and that high pressure or high volume are not necessary unless
you have long lines to things like remote coolers/oil filter relocation kits.
Replacing the pressure spring as you did to restore stock like oil pressures is
not what I was aiming at, but rather those who would think more is better and
install the highest available which would only be necessary for engines running
at rpms we will not see.

The point that I was making was that any oil pressure significantly over stock
(say more than 10 psi hot) without increasing the overall oil capacity runs the
risk of leaving too little oil in the pan for proper operation at cruise. This
is why I am using William's deep sump pan with modified pickup tube as added
insurance during maneuvering flight, and acceleration/deceleration because it
will give me approximately 2 quarts more capacity helping the engine run cooler
and have more total capacity for insurance against cavitation.  In our
application excess oil pressure or volume, without increased capacity to match
it is treading on thin ice and unnecessary.  This goes for any engine.

I appreciate the recommendations from William about your particular case,
however a review of the SAE temp recommendations disagrees with your grade of
oil.  It shows on the high end of recommended viscosity. Run what you are
comfortable with, just pointing this out.

crain...@cfl.rr.com
http://kr-builder.org/Colin/index.html
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL