Netters;
     I had the world's worst experience with an FAA inspector.  His first
statement was, "I don't have any experience with homebuilts and don't know what
I'm looking at."  Then he proceeded to lecture me ad nosium...about something
that he admitted he didn't know anything about.  After the inspection process
was over, he wanted me to move my airplane to an airport 2 1/2 hours away to do
the test flight program, while there was 4 rural airports within one hour.
That's when I decided to change to a DAR so that I could do the 40 hours at a
nearby airport.  Then the FAA inspector found out that I had circumvented him
and launched an investigation. The DAR had made some errors in the paperwork,
but he caught the flack, not me.  The $500 I paid the DAR was well worth it.
Therefore, my advise is:  Don't, under any circumstances, use the FAA for your
inspection.  And remember, they're not happy until you're not happy!

RV