At 07:24 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
>Something puzzles me. I found by chance, over the Internet, a 'ribs
>generator' program, designed for radio-controlled models, wih more than a
>thousand profiles available. You just enter the profile type, the chord of
>the first rib, the chord of the last rib, and the number of ribs, and
>voila! You get a PDF file that goes to your printer, with "assembly marks"
>to help you glue the paper sheets together.
>
>I used it to make a RAF 48 profile, with a 48" chord, as per KR2 specs.
>The trouble is, what I get is different from the KR2 Scale 1 drawing. The
>KR2 profile is slightly thicker.

A long time ago, I measured the as-drawn RAF and compared it with the
as-published data and I remember that they do not agree exactly.  The paper
may have changed dimension and/or the copying process may not be a true
one-to-one.  Small differences can be because of the way the smooth line
joining coordinate points is generated.  The software uses a mathematical
spline fit and the paper version used manual drafting tools.  It is also
possible that slightly different coordinate data was used to generate the
different versions.

Unless the differences are significant, the flying differences will be
inconsequential.

Don Reid  -  donreid "at" peoplepc.com
Bumpass, Va

Visit my web sites at:

AeroFoil, a 2-D Airfoil Design And Analysis Computer Program:
http://aerofoilengineering.com

KR2XL construction: http://aerofoilengineering.com/KR/KR2XL.htm
Aviation Surplus: http://aerofoilengineering.com/PartsListing/Airparts.htm
EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org