>I need to know if a standard KR Boat can be stretched and widened to become
>a KR2S.  The boat is in good shape and has retractable gear which will be
>removed for tri-gear.  I am really wanting to put a corvair engine on this
 bird.
> I am just wondering if it would be better to start from scratch or  can I
>have a head start by getting this boat to work.
>Larry

Several builders/pilots have suggested starting from scratch on a
new boat but that depends on several factors.

If you don't need the extra cockpit width and the extra two inches
of leg room, you can still build a good airplane with what you have.
Troy Petteway from Tennessee has a nice flying KR2 with a C-85
"hopped up" to 100+ hp.  Go with the new wing, re-do/increase the
tail area and drop the Corvair on the front end.

Go to     www.krnet.org     and check out the completed KR's and
look for Troy Petteway's name.  Mark Langford may have additional
info on his site also.

As always, your results may vary.  :-)

Larry Flesner
Carterville, Illinois