Good points Scott. I got lucky as my son works in s spring manufacturing
plant and powder coats all my parts for me for nothing. Will have to test
fit the bolt hole fit and ream to proper clearance prior to powder coating.
I also sand all edges after part is cut to shape then run everything thru a
buffing wheel attached to the bench grinder. Produces an almost chrome like
finish and then it heads over for powder coating. May be overkill but since
I get the coating done free I go for it anyway. One less thing to worry
about in my mind at least.
Doug Rupert
Simcoe Ontario