"a small inline fuel filter to try and prevent any moisture or insects"

You can call me cautious Clara if you like, but I see a small problem with
the design of a system which uses a fiber filtration product with the hope
that it might trap moisture.  Moisture and dust will create mud which does
not pass pressure very well.  Fibers soaked with moisture swell up and don't
pass pressure very well.   Filtering is a good thing and should be done.  In
advance of the filter should be a moisture trap which uses a material like
Desiccant which will dry the air and show a visible indication that moisture
has been present, enabling the pilot to get the system serviced.

My KR does not have a moisture system.  My pitot and static tubes are simple
soft 1/4 in L shaped aluminum tubes.  Moisture must be sufficiant to climb
up hill 3 inches to get into the tube.  then it must climb another 12 inches
to get to the instrument.  I will only fly in light rain and then only if I
can see the other side of it.  I could probably use an inline filter.  I
would be cautious in installing one too low in the system, would not want it
to came in contact with moisture.

Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR Tweety, old enough to drink this year
Flying and more flying, to the gathering or bust
http://www.kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com/