  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Orma

  "a small inline fuel filter to try and prevent any moisture or insects"

  You can call me cautious Clara if you like, but I see a small problem with
  the design of a system which uses a fiber filtration product with the hope
  that it might trap moisture.  Moisture and dust will create mud which does
  not pass pressure very well.  Fibers soaked with moisture swell up and don't
  pass pressure very well.   Filtering is a good thing and should be done.  In
  advance of the filter should be a moisture trap which uses a material like
  Desiccant which will dry the air and show a visible indication that moisture
  has been present, enabling the pilot to get the system serviced.

  My KR does not have a moisture system.  My pitot and static tubes are simple
  soft 1/4 in L shaped aluminum tubes.  Moisture must be sufficiant to climb
  up hill 3 inches to get into the tube.  then it must climb another 12 inches
  to get to the instrument.  I will only fly in light rain and then only if I
  can see the other side of it.  I could probably use an inline filter.  I
  would be cautious in installing one too low in the system, would not want it
  to came in contact with moisture.

  Orma
  Southfield, MI