My Friend has a Standard KR2, he has over 6,500 hours on tail wheel
aircraft, from Tigermoth to the odd Mustang, he is now eighty years old and
still a full time instructor, But now he teaches for free.
He has damaged is undercarriage twice now, the first time the owner that
started his KR extended the short legs, and they broke on landing.
The second only a few weeks back, his Aileron weight caught the grass on the
edge of a very narrow strip and spun him around  ( Note his aileron are on
longer forward sloping arm that hangs below the wing in an effort to keep
the weight of the mass balance down.)  This time the landing gear bolts
sheared off, but only very minor damage to a wing tip.
This is a very strong little aeroplane, And Mark, even people with MANY hour
can still have problems.

Phil Matheson
mathe...@dodo.com.au
VH-PKR  ( Phil's KR)
61 3 58833588
Australia.( Down Under)
See My KR2 Building Web Page at:
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/flyingkrphil/VHPKR.html

See our VW Engines and Home built web page at
http://www.vw-engines.com/
www.homebuilt-aviation.com/