> If that's your worst case with lightweight pilot, full fuel, full
> oil,
> etc., then
> I doubt if it's really going to be a problem.  The greatest percent
> of your
> flight time will be with less than full fuel.  If you had build a
> real
> airplane
> [ with a tailwheel :-) ] you wouldn't be having this problem !!  Run
> the
> numbers with maybe 2 or 3 pounds of lead at the very rear of the
> fuselage and see what the numbers do.  It won't take much at that
> moment arm.  I installed a 2 pound lighter tailwheel and I seem to
> recall it moved my CG forward approx 1/2".  Your 2S is somewhere
> between a standard KR and my 24" stretch so it should be close.
>
> Larry Flesner
Larry,
One point that I did miss that you mention is lightest pilot. I did all
the weight and balance with my actual weight. If it were a lighter pilot
it would start to move forward more. Then it could be a problem. I did
run the numbers to move the ELT back. That would move the C/G about
an1/8" back for every foot that the ELT moved back. I know what my real
problem is but don't want to change it. It's the battery on the firewall
and I thought all along that it was going to make the C/G close.
BTW--all my real friends say it looks like a real airplane. I'll Park
with Mark J. So we don't taint the gene pool. We will only let them out
at night like  ugly step sisters ( All good natured and smiling)
Thanks,
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com