This raises an interesting question:

Is it possible to restart a VW engine by diving (I mean, make a steep dive
in order to increase airflow and possibly force the prop to windmill), or
is it a lost case?

I wonder, because my VW 2.4 liter does not have a starter motor, and that
would be the only way to restart... if it works.

My gut feel would be that it wouldn't work.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"Golden, Kevin" <kevin.gol...@churchdwight.com>

Envoyé par : krnet-bounces+serge.vidal=sagem....@mylist.net
06/17/2005 17:15
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 06/17/2005 17:17

        Pour :  "'KRnet'" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : RE: KR> glide rato..

A windmilling prop does more than disturb air over the airframe.  A
windmilling prop will cause a huge amount of drag that is NEAR equal to
the
rotational disc of the prop.

Not to worry.  I haven't seen a VW or corvair windmill.  Lycoming and
Continentals will.

Kevin.