In a message dated 6/24/2005 9:40:28 AM Mountain Standard Time,
taildr...@hotmail.com writes:

> Can they share the ground plane if they're on opposite sides of it.
>
> Mounting two antennas too close to one another isn't good for either one,
> but if they can't "see" each other through the ground plane?

       Oscar, I see no reason they couldn't.  I'd say if it's a
       solid sheet ground plane they couldn't see each other
       and that may be the best.  If it's simply radial type of
       ground plane, then they may if the frequency bands
       are close.

       The question then becomes one of "feeding" the active
       elements on the common ground plane if it's a solid
       sheet since the coax usually is on the bottom side
       of the ground plane.  Radials would be easier since
       there's a lot of open area for the coax's.

       You could also use a dipole setup for each one which
       would be the lightest.  The com one could go in the
       vertical stab and the ELT one could go along the fuselage
       or some such.

       Jim Hayward
       Rapid City, SD