Jeff Scott wrote:

> As Larry said, he and I both have the longer Diehl gear legs, although Dan
> won't sell them that length anymore.  His concern is for the leverage on
> the aluminum castings in the wing as he didn't do any drop testing with
> the longer legs.  I haven't seen any problems after 500+ hours and ~1000
> landings, some of which were more of the style of "beat the plane on the
> ground repeatedly until it quits flying." ;o)  I use a 68" diameter prop
> and haven't had any ground clearance issues (i.e., the prop is still
> intact.)<

I don't have much KR flying experience, but I DID test the landing gear to 5
g's on my first landing!  So there's a data point for you.  If I remember
correctly, I saw somewhere that Dan tested them to 3.5g's, so I just pushed
the envelope a little further for him.

Marty Roberts ain't got nuthin' on me...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net