Bob Glidden wrote:

>> I am not trying to talk for anyone but myself on this subject.I thought
it was pretty awesome the way several people responded to Mark Langford's
caliper issue today.<<

Yep, pretty awesome indeed, and I sure do appreciate it.  I got the caliper
off tonight.  It was so easy I'm ashamed I didn't do it this morning, but I
was on my way to work all dressed up with respectable clothes on (not my
usual attire for work, but we're entertaining the customer this week), and I
didn't want to go there.  It took maybe two minutes to get it off tonight,
and the only real damage was the first two threads on one side.  The bleeder
and seat were ripped right out.  A quick run through with an 1/8" NPT tap
restored the threads, so the bleeder and seat coming tomorrow will fix me
up.  Sorry Bob, but I put you through all that for no reason!  I'll bring
your caliper to the Gathering (and Steve Horn's prop hub, if he'll be
there).  The wings went on tonight, but I have a couple of hours of rigging
left (my control system is lacking in the "speedy assembly" department), but
that'll give me time to finish up and run the engine some more.  It's really
coming together again.  At lunch time I get the bleeder, so maybe I can fly
late in the afternoon, Sunday morning at the latest.

To answer the question of "what are you going to do to get ready for the
flight", and I think the answer is to pull out to the end of the runway,
announce a big YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA, and take off!  Just kiddin' on that.  But
Sept 1 happens to be the due date of my first annual condition inspection
(oddly enough) so I suspect that totally rebuilding the engine and rerigging
the whole plane, as well as going through the electrical system like I've
done in the last two weeks will qualify!  I feel like 95% of the airplane is
thoroughly tested already, so the anxiety level should be pretty low, but
I'll still be nervous, and headed straight for MDQ just in case I need a
longer, wider runway.

It sure is nice to have a high quality hangar to do maintenance in.  Sure
beats a "planeport" with no electricity or walls!  Be listening about
sundown for the big YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net