Hi Mark and all.

DISCLAIMER: I work for FlightPrep.Com.  We created the ChartCase program Dan
Michaels referenced.  Dan, thanks for the plug!

I am thrilled to see this discussion on the KRNet List!  I am glad to see
you are considering in-flight charts and mapping to assist using the XC
capability of the KR.  It is truly amazing what improvements have occurred
over the past few years.

I fly with our software, ChartCase
[http://www.flightprep.com/rootpage.php?page=HomeEFBSW] in my Cardinal
running on a Motion Computing tablet computer.  I use a cheapo Microsoft
[built by Pharos] USB GPS for position information.  ChartCase displays my
aircraft position directly on all the charts [Sectional, WAC, and En-Routes]
as well as approach plates in real-time.  In the Cardinal, I Velcro the
tablet to my kneeboard.  In the KR, I am going to need to fabricate a simple
bracket, but hey, that should easy enough.  Since you are already carrying
the laptop, the software is not going to add any weight!

The product features integrated flight planning.  When I am on the ground
[and connected to the Internet], I also get full weather briefing and charts
provided through the DUATS service.  This is all included in the single
program

You specifically asked about:

*       Showing roads and streets.  Our software renders major highways as
displayed on Sectional charts.  We do have some customers who run our
software and a road mapping program as a separate session
*       Emergency 10 nearest airports is supported in ChartCase.
*       In-Flight weather subscriptions are available through XM/WX.

I am open to answering any questions but Note: I am traveling to Washington,
DC for meetings this week, so my replies will be delayed.  Sorry!  You can
call the office (503) 678-4360 or my cell (503) 341-9628.

John Bouyea

john_0...@bouyea.net