Anyone in the LA basin who is building, or thinking of building, a KR2 - or
other composite aircraft - needs to get in the classes at Cerritos College
(605 fwy at the 91 fwy) . I have taken the EAA classes. Cerritos is a whole
lot better, AND cheaper. Additionally, they have most of the material that
you need for building available at no charge. I am currently taking 2
classes and a lab course for a total cost under $175. Yesterday, vacuum
bagged a carbon fiber speed brake for my Q2. Next, I plan to make up a KR
wing using honeycomb and graphite to create the spars, ribs, and wing
skins. I should end up with a very light wing that is stronger than the
design in the plans. It will all be with college materials.

They also have $2 million worth of equipment available including an
autoclave to help in the building.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852