From: Mark Langford [mailto:n5...@hiwaay.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:28 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Dual coantrols

> Someone tell me I'm nuts for not wanting to put dual
> controls in my plane.

I installed a single stick, and after sitting in it realized that the center

stick was in the way, especially with a passenger, and could basically be
operated only with my right hand.  And the KR requires that you hand be
supported on something, so many folks with a single center stick have to
build a center console for that, eating up even more room.  Not only that,
but the geometry of the stock stick setup is such that when you move the
stick forward and aft, you stretch the aileron cables.  The aileron cable
tension is an unintentional stick centering device.  This led me to the dual

stick setup.  I always notice when I "check free control movement" during
preflight than when I move the elevator, the ailerons don't move at all. If
you must have a single stick, so it similar to my dual setup's geometry, but

place it between your legs, at least, but then you can't give dual
instruction either.  See http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/kcontrol.html for
details on both center and dual stick installations...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net