At 01:48 PM 11/2/2005, you wrote:
>Someone tell me I'm nuts for not wanting to put dual
> > Controls in my plane.
>\+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  So I am planning full dual controls
>but the RH stick will be removable below the seat line, That way I get more
>seat room when the passage is not going to be flying
>Jim Mullen

That's exactly what I did and it works out great.  I've probably had the
right stick installed for maybe a couple hours of the 180 hours to date.
I also installed my throttle on the left side wall as I wanted to fly with
right hand on the stick and left hand on the throttle.  That too has
worked out great for me.  All my switch and other controls are on the
left side also so I never have to change hands on the stick.

check out:

http://www.krnet.org/mvn2004/040929271.jpg

On the rudders, if you only put in a single set of rudders it may complicate
the rudder cable layout as the right rudder cable would be run down the
center of the aircraft, depending on how you set it up.

To Barry on the brake cylinder setup, check out my system at:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flesner/brakes2.jpg
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flesner/brakes1.jpg
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flesner/brakes3.jpg
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flesner/20.jpg

The cylinders are attached to the peddles and the entire
unit moves as a single assembly.  It has worked great
for me.   My rudders are mounted on the upper box but
a floor mount  may work as well.  I mounted my rudders
on top to clean up the floor area.  On a cross country
flight I can put my right foot between the right peddles
and my left foot between the left peddles and extend
them to the firewall for more comfort.

Someone recently asked about lower attach fittings.  Check
out the following picture for an easy to make fitting.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flesner/21.jpg

I wasn't too proud of the original Diehl lower fittings and
made these before Dan came out with his later 4130
fittings.  I use a 2"X6" X 1/4" piece of 4130.  I made a cut
at the 3" mark with a hacksaw about 80 percent through
the metal.  I bent  it to a 45 degree angle, made a gusset
and had it welded.  After the cut is welded shut and the
gusset welded in place, use a belt sander to smooth the
weld at the cut.  I think Dan Diehl came out with 2 1/2"
brackets that were bent to shape but mine work just as
well.  Increase the vertical length for more ground clearance
but how much extra length will work without putting too
much stress on the attach and create a failure, I don't know.

I sure love my new DSL !!!  It's like flying a KR after puttering
around in a C-150 all your life !!!!!  It almost makes me want
to shout YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA when I get on the internet ! :-)

Larry Flesner