Hi Guys,
  Do any of you have a good idea on making the nose gear stearable. The nose
gear is completed and fitted. I have an idea of what I want to do, but I am not
convinced. The nose gear is made from a motorbike strut with a remanufactured
5mm wire thickness coil spring replacing the stock coil spring. I have a
bracket fitted to the top outer sleeve of the strut, entering the cowling. I
can easily fit pushrods between the rudder pedals and the bracket, but what
should I do to absorb any shudder on the nose wheel. I thought of fitting coil
springs over the pushrods, between the firewall and bracket, and then leaving
some play on the pushrod at the bracket. This should ensure that a shudder does
not have any reaction on the rudder via the pedals. The coil springs should
also keep the nose wheel and rudder center with no input from the cockpit. Any
thoughts please.
  Thanks,
  Jaco Swanepoel
  South Africa