Netters
I have said this before, but it bares repeating for those who may have missed
this.

When judging the control sensitivity of your KR, keep in mind that in my
experience, in flight the KR is right in line with many other aircraft
depending on your CG loading.  This is also the case in any aircraft as well.
They will all get more sensitive the further back the CG goes, and all planes
get "touchy" above 110 knots, or 125 mph (approximately).  I have flown as PIC
in more than 15 different models of aircraft both twin engine and single,
several that are high performance aircraft, and the KR2 and KR2S fit nicely
into the high performance category of performance. Experience in these faster
and more powerful aircraft compares well to the speeds and flying
characteristics of the KR.  The biggest change, which alot of builders are
changing on their planes to remedy, is the fact that alot of certified aircraft
are designed to "get heavy" on the elevator or stabilator at slow speeds, to
prevent over controlling in landing. The higher performance aircraft do not
have this as their landing speeds and the need for control demand full
authority, so they fly like the KR in landing as well.

My reasons for pointing these things out is to re-assure builders that their
plane is flying "normally", and to give those who do not have an opportunity to
fly a KR what they can do to help train the brain in order to make transition
easier.  Flying in a fast Mooney or Beechcraft aircraft will help to get the
brain accustomed to the faster landing speeds and patterns that most KR's need
to fly safely.  Also having the adjustment to the cross country speeds, and how
quickly those check points come up is a big help in navigation.

Above all fly as much as you can, in as many different models as possible prior
to starting to fly your own plane. It will make you safer and bring those
flying skills back up to where they need to be in order to be as safe as you
can be...

P.S. The line starts now for those wanting a ride at The Gathering, and like
the rides at Universal Theme Park, there is a height restriction of no more
than 5'10". This is a short man's plane with no adjustable seats, LOL...

Colin Rainey
brokerpilot9...@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.