>   1. Is there a specific location for the aileron counter balance
> or can it be mounted anywhere along the aileron?(next to aileron push rod)
>   2. Is it necessary to fit a dynamic tube or could one just leave
> the dynamic port open behind the instruments?
>   Jaco Swanepoel

The best possible situation would be to have the weight spread along the
entire length of the aileron.  That's not very practical although I think Mark
Langford may have done that.  I think most builders place it in the middle
as the best compromise.  That would cut in half the possible flex between
the weight and the outer portions of the aileron as compared to the weight
mounted on one end or the other.

Dynamic port ??  I assume you're talking about  the static port to the flight
instruments.  The instruments will FUNCTION with the static port open
behind the instruments but there is no way to judge their accuracy.  It
would depend on the in-flight pressure in the cockpit from air leaks
, open vents, etc.  Their readings / accuracy may or may not vary from
flight to flight.  Not a good idea.

Larry Flesner