Hi gang
We over here have a problem with a new zero time aerovee motor that is
fitted to the new Whisper express prototype.
I am no VW expert, Mark L or someone else might be able to shed some light
here.
If you look at the motor from the prop flange, the prop hub exits the case
off centre by approx 0.3mm. (a 0.3mm feeler guage can be squeezed into the
gap). It is quite noticeable at a glance. It also leaks oil from this area
although it runs fine.
I suspected a faulty line bore but surely if the line bore was off centre to
the case split line, it would still be concentric to the crank since the
crank runs in bearings which are located by the line bored case??? Any
suggestions.
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder