Dan
I believe that in all cases, if you do not prevent the carb from closing, the
throttle plate on ALL carbs will get sucked shut or sucked open, depending on
which way the bias is made in the throttle plate.  Most throttle plates are
made with a slight bias towards the bottom, or closing direction, so that the
engine will suck the throttle plate against the throttle stop screw allowing it
to hold an idle consistently.  If not you would have to actually move it back
to idle, or any other position always.  The Lycomings I flew would suck the
throttle shut gradually while running if some amount of friction lock was not
used.  We would always set it so that there was just enough tension to hold the
throttle in place but allow for changes to be made if needed or desired.

Be glad you do not have my carb; I have to ADD a spring to counter the throttle
return spring so that mine will stay put where I open it to or it will behave
like it does in the car and return to idle whenever I am not holding the
throttle! LOL   I will also add some friction at the throttle quadrant for
holding it in one place, but allowing for adjustments...

Colin Rainey
brokerpilot9...@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.