Colin I think I'd rather have your setup than one that goes wide open. =
One
specific instance where this comes in handy would be short final. Stuck =
wide
open could be a bitch since you'd have to shut down and dead stick the
landing. Again, I have absolutely no experience with aircraft carbs but =
have
lost more than a few automotive engines when the throttle return spring =
has
let go.
Doug Rupert

Be glad you do not have my carb; I have to ADD a spring to counter the
throttle return spring so that mine will stay put where I open it to or =
it
will behave like it does in the car and return to idle whenever I am not
holding the throttle! LOL   I will also add some friction at the =
throttle
quadrant for holding it in one place, but allowing for adjustments...

Colin Rainey
=20

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.