Bill Clapp will probably chime in on this, but since he got crazy last
winter and flew up to Wisconsin and everywhere else at the colded part of
the season, he also found the need for a defroster.  He used a vent from an
old Volkswagen (sort of triangular shapes with a hose connection on one end,
like a small vacuum cleaner attachment) to divert some air up to his canopy.
I'm thinking about making something like that out of aluminum for my cabin
heat inlet (plastic would melt immediately as hot as this thing is).  As it
is, I have a pretty hot stream of air aimed right at my hand on the stick,
which certainly keeps my hands warm, but the passenger's still chilly.  So
I'll make some kind of diffuser that spreads the joy around.

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
see homebuilt airplane at http://www.N56ML.com
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net