Just a progress report. Returned from Iraq in Dec and now in final
sand/finish stages.  Jeff York dropped by and said hello when he was in town
for Sprint last week, and he gave me a lot of good ideas on
priming/painting.  Got my N number from the FAA, N1852Z on Monday.  I had
the EAA chapter Tech Counselor come by last night to look my KR2S project
over.  He had some misc. comments on protecting the wiring in the engine
area better, how to do the cotter pins and safety wire correctly and adding
a control stop on the elevator.  He said it looked pretty good overall and
said it shouldn't be any problem when the time comes to check it out.  Even
better yet, he's also a DAR here in KC so he will be the guy to do the final
review.  My target is May/June to get it past the inspection and fly the
hours off in June/July/August.  If all goes as planned, count me in for the
gathering (flying this time instead of driving). All is well and it is good
to be home working on the plane again.

Rob Schmitt
robert7...@aol.com

website