Typical.  Everything has to be perfect and built three times while the plane
is under construction. Once the fun of flying a KR is experienced it takes a
wing falling off before you want to stop! :)

I got the annual on my Clipper done yesterday and flew it for the first time
this morning.  I went to the airport early this morning because a cold front
was going to come through early this afternoon and give us gusty and rainy
weather the rest of the weekend.  I flew about a mile east of the airport
and did some stalls at 4,000' and got used to the plane before I started
heading back for some touch and gos.

I was enjoying the scenery and noticed that things were moving a little
slower than in my Stang.  Wait a minute, they are moving a lot slower.  A
few minutes more and it seems like I have not gone anywhere.  I looked at
the strut along a parallel road to make sure that I was really going
somewhere and noticed that the cars were going faster than me and it was
only a 45 MPH road.  Hmmm, there was about a 12 Knot wind when I took off
ten minutes ago, can't be that much of a headwind.  I started having visions
of my wife yelling at me on our first trip somewhere when it takes longer
than we could have drove.  Anyway, I got back and checked the weather and
they were reporting a 52 Knot direct head wind at 3,000'.  I have never seen
anything like that before.

Brian Kraut
Engineering Alternatives, Inc.
www.engalt.com