GREAT, COOL, GREAT, CONGRATULATIONS!!

I too am working toward getting in the air, well I am working to get back in
the air.

I finally got N839BG back together. I have been doing some taxi work and
practicing holding the nose wheel off the runway and generally getting back
to ground handling and so on.

With all the changes/ upgrades/ fixes or what ever you want to call them, I
had a few minor squawks. One CHT not working, landing light inop Card
Compass still needs a little adjustment but over all it runs well. Of course
my mission at this point is to find these things and make sure I use the
taxi testing to work them out, as well as to get back to the feel of the KR.
Also want to burn off that old gas before it goes back in the air.

I have been working all week at getting my bi annual done but the weather
and scheduling has not allowed me to complete that.

Hopefully the weather today will cooperate and I can get in the much needed
air time. I have decided to rent a 172. Can not seem to find an instructor
willing to do this in my KR. Probably all the better as that would be a test
of the CG envelope, probably not smart. However, I have flown it with 2
adults. Both of us where pretty lean. Me at about 170 and he was only about
145.

If all goes well, N839BG will be back in the air today or tomorrow, weather
and pilot proficiency permitting.

Then get in as many landings and flying as possible and make it to Sun N
Fun.

Jeff York
Lexington, KY.
KR-2 Flying almost again