Larry,
     I did the same thing after flying nothing but short coupled
experimentals for a while. Didn't have trouble with directional
stability, but couldn't get the Cub to land. Was used to a 100 mph
approach in the Mustang, so I thought I was plenty slow at 60 in the
Cub. Kept waiting for it to fall out of the sky..............Bobby