From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of JIM VANCE
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:55 AM
To: krnet
Subject: KR> Fuel primer

I have a Great Plains 1915 cc VW with an Ellison EFS-2 throttle body.  I'm
afraid I'm going to wear out the starter getting it going.  I searched the
archives, and the consensus seems to be having a primer injector for each
manifold run.  That means four injectors on this engine with the dual port
heads.

I'm considering a single primer injector just downstream of the throttle
body.  That would give me gas to start without a lot more plumbing.  I would
use an electrical valve, not a manual primer.

Has anyone used such a system?  What are your experiences and opinions?

Jim Vance
Claflin, Kansas
Trying to start N 303 JV so I can get on with my taxi testing.