At 08:52 PM 4/22/2006, you wrote:

>I hit 199 hours today...
>
>Mark Langford

You're about to catch me.  I hit 207.3 at shutdown after todays
flight.

I got to fly a bit of formation with a C-195.  What a gorgeous looking
airplane, on the ground or in the air.  I trailed about 1500 feet behind
him on a high speed pass on a nearby grass strip and then we climbed
out to 2000 feet where he leveled off for his flight home.  I was amazed
to find that I was able to hold that same 1500 foot spacing and climbed
right with him to 2000 feet.  When he leveled off for cruise I caught him
and then throttled back to 2400 rpm to fly formation.  He is running a
300 hp Jacobs burning about three times my fuel burn but hey, if I had
the money, I'd be flying a C-195 also. :-)  I learned he and his wife will
be moving down to that grass strip residential airpark in the next year
or two.  Maybe I'll get a ride in that gorgeous  looking bird.  How great
it is to have the KR to go skipping about the landscape, meeting lots
of interesting people and seeing some great airplanes.  Those of you
still building,  put in a few extra hours next week.  Your reward is waiting.

Life is good.

Larry Flesner