From: krnet-bounces+ron=jrl-engineering....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+ron=jrl-engineering....@mylist.net] On Behalf Of
Larry&Sallie Flesner
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:51 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> evening flight

At 12:30 PM 4/24/2006, you wrote:
>A lot
>of these stunts are not just foolish but dangerous.
>Don

I did something FOOLISH and DANGEROUS last night.  My wife was off
to her quilting group so I made the quick drive to the airport and
rolled out the KR for a late evening flight.  The tower was shut down
and no traffic in the area.  Calm wind so I taxied to the nearest
runway and lifted off.  SMOOTH AS GLASS, NOT A BUMP IN THE AIR!!

I stayed in the pattern and made four high speed passes down the
runway at about 20 feet and 180 indicated.  The air was so smooth
that each time after I flared for the pass, I never moved the stick
again for the length of the runway.  The KR seemed to be on rails
and the scenery was like watching a video game.  AWESOME !!
I finished off the flight with two landings to a full stop and rolled
the KR back in the hangar.

I drove home and topped off the evening by popping the cork on
a gift bottle of homemade wine that has been in the refrigerator
for nearly two years now.  THAT WAS FOOLISH AND DANGEROUS
OF ME !!  I had no way of knowing what was in that bottle of wine
or if it spoiled since I received it.  Being the klutz I am  I even broke
a small portion of the neck away getting the cork out of the bottle.
I really ought to be more cautious in the future. :-)

Builders, keep on building.  The thrill of a lifetime awaits you!!!!

Larry Flesner