NetHeads,

It just occured to me that I have flown somewhere substantial for the last
four weekends:  Illinois to visit Larry Flesner, then to Sun n Fun with a
stopover at my father's grass strip in southern Alabama, Gatlinburg to join
in the family vacation, and Columbia, SC to visit Dan Heath.  I'm now
planning a trip to Indy during race month to take Wyatt Swaim (the TIG guy
that verified that I can weld) up on an offer to visit him at the welding
shop he runs at the Brickyard during race month.  I am finally reaping the
rewards of 12 years and 5400 hours of KR fabrication.

I am so eaten up with flying that I basically don't do anything else...sort
of like a meth addict.  My basement shop is a mess, I never watch the news
anymore, I haven't washed my car in months, and I can't even find time to
buy new underwear or socks.  But I do manage to keep several 5 gallon cans
of 93 octane fuel in the hangar at all times (I wouldn't want to run out),
my flight bag in the trunk of the car, and the key to the plane with me at
all times, just in case.

And it's obvious to those who've seen my plane that actually making it look
nice (or anything short of embarrasing) is way down on the list.  I'm flying
the crap out of this thing, and enjoying every nanosecond of it, and I don't
see any relief in sight.  I wanted to fly late yesterday afternoon (having
just come back from several hours of flying to SC the day before) but
thought I'd try to hang around and visit with the family a little, when my
wife says "why are you not out flying....it's GORGEOUS out there!"   This
worries me a little, because I don't think life is supposed to be this good.
Next time you see me, I'll probably be the guy that can't find the time to
shave...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
see homebuilt airplane at http://www.N56ML.com
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net