Kenny:

I downloaded it from the net for the best price of all--- Free!  Just type
in "AirCalc" into  your search engine and I thik you will find it.  I
stumbled on it it while looking for ways to to lower the stall speed of
wings using L.E. slots/slats.  I think I have the back up for it as well.
You will need (3) of the following: the lift Coeff.of the airfoil you use,
Gross Wt, Wing Area and stall speed.  Just put in (3) of the (4) as knowns
and it will solve for the remaining one.

The outer wing panel on  KR2- non stretched fuselage- is 94 inches long, 48
inches @ the root(STD.) and 35 inches at the interface with the premolded
composite tip.  You can get the the Lift Coeff. off the net(I believe from a
KRnet source) and it is between 1.5 & 1.6( I used 1.6 to develop the gross
of  887# for my wing)  Some KR netters have statedoff the record that they
have operated their craft at Gross weights approaching the 1320# Gross Wt.
limit but all have engines and craft that fly faster and wings with higher
stalls than are acceptable for light sport.

I even went so far as to contact the FAA folks in Kansas City that have some
oversight of experimental aircraft and they are the ones that told me that
what is importent is evidence that the craft in question meets the Light
Sport requirements.

Max & Stall speeds
Gross weight
Fixed Gear(I suggest Tri-Gear for added drag)
Ground Adj. Prop.

The challenge is the Max and Stall Speeds--- Getting the bird slowed down.

I got into this because the set of plans I have had since 1976 stated the
stall as 42 mph and the top was 150 mph as a retract TD craft with a 1600 cc
VW based engine.  I observed that all more recent specs listed the stall as
52 mph and the top speed well above the 150 mph so I began to investigate in
ernest be fore I started.  My opinion is that it is still a close one to
call and so I am "rolling the dice".   I feel the worst that might happen is
that I'll have to move the engine set and avionic and instr. to an
applicable airframe but really wanted something with the speed, range and
fuel consuption that the KR2 would offer.  I would recommend the "S" version
however based on what the KR netters have said RE the benefits of the longer
moment arm aft of the CG.

Don Lively
Burlington IA 52601