Netters,

I too am saddened about our fellow flier in Canada.  Care sould be taken on all
flights.  after reading Mark Jones last flight experience, he had frost on the
ground. My last flight experience in the desert, was far from Mark's experience
with temperatures hitting near 100 degrees, I am more worried about my motor
melting off, and a bad case of 'S.A' swamp a--.  Work has kept me busy to where
i haven't done alot of morning flights, my last few have been to Yuma.  These
flights are have been uneventful and somewhat boring, but it has shown me 2
things.  My plane handles the heat well, AND I need a FRESH AIR vent in the
cockpit.  This month smoetime I need to pull the motor and replace the
Alternator, as well as have the prop re-pitched.  I'm getting a good 135 140
mph @ 3.3 GPH.  These flights to Yuma also tell me I need to get a GPS.
Folding maps in a KR2 can be an aerobatic event.  It's not like I have to
follow a map or anything.  I have to follow I-8 the entire way, but the flight
gets boring and the only thing to do is clean and organize.  I need to start
going to different areas, and new airports.  There is a KR builder in Payson,
if he can E-mail me maybe I can fly up there some morning.  There is no Lake
Michigan to fly over but there are plenty of F-16s to keep an eye on.  There is
no other thrill than to be flying along by yourself, and to see two or three,
F-16's go over about 500 feet above or below you.  This has happened several
times and I can never seem to remember to get my camera out in time.  By the
way I'm up to 70 hours and 50 or 60 landings.  But I didn't spend 8-10-12 years
to build it either.  I don't think anybody will catch Mark L.  Keep them flying
and to some others get them flying.

Lee Van Dyke
Mesa AZ 85212
l...@vandyke5.com