You would probably want to align the two profiles based on the main spar
position.

Bill Johnson

-----Original Message-----
From: krnet-bounces+wpj=comcast....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+wpj=comcast....@mylist.net] On Behalf Of Matthew Elder
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:58 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Airfoil interpolation was 18% something or other

Personally, I would do it in CAD...

If you don't have that ability, the easiest hands on way I can think of is
to take your 15% and lay it on top of your 18" with the leading edge for the
15% offset from the leading edge of the 18% the distance that it's supposed
to be (as measured in the planform view).

You would need to divide up the perimeter of both 'foils into percentage
sections (like you do when you are cutting a foam core anyways for calling
out positions).  Connect the appropriate section marks of each 'foil with
lines, and mark a point half way (or whatever station ratio you are looking
for, in your case 4'/8' which happens to be 1/2).

Connect all the points.

The more curvature there is, the more points you will want to develop the
new curve obviously.

There is a "by the book" way to do it, but I don't recall the details, and
don't have the book in front of me at the moment.

Matt

Matthew Elder
Orangeburg, SC
  http://www.infinigral.com/melder