It just so happens that I'm the lead in a project in which we've just built
(commissioned, actually) a spark-ignited engine that burns JP-8.   It's not
that uncommon, as there are at least 5 manufacturers that I know of doing
the same thing.  Yes, this project has wings also!  It's nice to have your
occupation drift over into your hobby area for a change.  Actually, the
hobby area is how I got to be the lead.

JP-8 is kerosene based, whereas diesel is oil-based.  Diesel is more
difficult to cleanly spark-ignite than JP-8.

I just got back from West Virginia, and a great meeting with Joe Horton.  He
has a really clean airplane that looks fabulous.  Maybe he'll give us a
report.  I'm still fairly blown away that I can fly 365 miles to visit, fly
back, and be home by 4PM.

I landed just before a thunderstorm that caused a power outage that
apparently killed my basement computer, so I'm off to work on that...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
see homebuilt airplane at http://www.N56ML.com
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net